Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 27, 2008

We are changing things around a bit--this blog has a new author now. I (Lois) am taking over the updates, for a while at least. Details to follow:

Ali had a message from the Lord last night. :-) In the wee hours of the morning she realized that to better understand our Dad's needs and abilities, one of us needs to spend more time with him. So she plans to go up there this afternoon and spend next week with him, to get a better feel of what needs to be our course of action concerning his care.

So I will stay here with Mom, at least for the present. We haven't seen her this morning yet, because when we arrived at the hospital she had gone for a CAT scan. They thought it would be another half hour, so we came to the computer lab while we wait.

I would like to ask prayer for God's leading for me. My husband Chris and our four children--Elisabeth 8, James 6, Grace 4, and Christina 2--for those of you who aren't familiar with our family--are up in Hudson, ME this weekend for a missions conference. We were planning to spend next week driving out to Michigan where our next missions conference is, scheduled to start Sun. Oct. 5th. We thought of taking the kids by to see Niagara Falls on our way out. But if Ali is going to be spending the week up with Dad, driving down to the hospital every other day or so, then that would mean that most of the time Mom would be here alone unless I stay here and send my family on alone again. Chris has graciously told me that if I want to stay here that is fine with him, although I know it is hard being a single parent to four young children and especially travelling where routines are almost impossible to establish or keep. I feel so torn, because I am a wife and mother as much as I am a daughter; I just need to know the Lord's will on this one. Thanks for praying with me on this.

We made Mom smile last night as we were saying good-night. Ali asked Mom if she could give her a kiss on the cheek, and Mom seemed to purse her lips a bit in response, so she proceeded to lean over and kiss her good-night. I was on the other side of the bed, and since I am a bit vertically challenged, I was having a tough time getting close enough. Ali said, "Uh-oh, Lois is too short!" I finally managed to work my way close enough and gave Mom a kiss, and gave a cry of victory as I did so. I think our antics were amusing to Mom because she smiled quite a bit. It is good to know that although Mom's abilities have changed quite a bit for the present, her personality is the same.

Thanks so much for your prayers and notes of encouragement. We are so grateful for you.

1 comment:

Tom W. said...

Praise the Lord for each and every victory. Heidi and I are are praying for all of you during this difficult time.