Sunday, January 2, 2011

No news is good news

Happy New Year! "...I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand." --Ira Stanphill

On the phone this evening, my mom apologized that she didn't have more news. "Don't worry, Mom," I told her, "as precarious as Dad's condition is, I'm GLAD there isn't news!!!!!"

My dad has stayed quiet the last couple of days, except for some nausea. With pain medication, he is comfortable enough to sleep most of the time. Thankfully, the stomach tube is draining a bit again, and the feeding tube continues to work well also. PTL!!!

For those of you that know Jack's dad, Pastor Art Corbett, we would appreciate prayer for him also. He recently had a number of lymph nodes removed from his neck with metastatic squamous cell carcinoma. He has decided against radiation or chemo. Scars on his face from previous skin cancer surgery have tightened, making it difficult for him to open his mouth to eat. Although no cancer was found there, it is painful. So thanks for remembering him too.

No comments: